Friday 19 July 2013

What is Reality?





What is the world without senses?

Nothing , I guess.

It is the senses that give us what we see or feel in this world.
It is just electrical signals, right?
So , basically we will never be able to judge what's real and what's not.


I feel so vulnerable thinking that my brain and just some electrical signals are responsible for my life, for my reality. What if there's a way to tamper with them?
What if they had already been tampered with?
What if I am living in a world that's something else, something completely different from my world. What if I am just a prisoner of my mind?
There has to be an ultimate reality, isn't it?
I believe that there is some absolute truth, something to hold on to.
But maybe it is clouded and no one is able to see it.

We think and think and again think, conclude , re-analyse and then again think more.
We rely on our minds for most of our decisions and we judge a person by his/her intelligence.
Most of us consider mind to be supreme. And what we call the voice of the heart is the mind too , maybe a more evolved part of the mind , but yes , I think that's some part of the brain.


But this is all electrical signals , for God's sake. How am I supposed to trust my mind , my reality, which might be a complete illusion.

There has to be a superior form of reality. Something which is beyond the mind. Beyond the self. Something which is absolute and can never be tampered with.
There has to be something to hold on to .
And maybe that's what our lives are about. To remove the cloud of the virtual reality(see, how ironic the word is) and get to the absolute truth.


Maybe we are just like prisoners , maybe like insane people in a mental hospital, who have created an alternate reality and when we find out that what we always thought to be real , is in fact nothing , nothing but a dream , a trap maybe, we might snap.

Maybe that's what the purpose of our life is , to find the reality.



It is scary , isn't it?


1 comment: