Tuesday 8 March 2016

Where are you?

What are we so afraid of? What is it that makes us so smooth in small talk, but we quit when we really start knowing someone?

Why the hell are we so afraid to embrace their dark sides and talk about it?

Why doesn't anyone talk about what are they afraid of the most, or what keeps them awake at night,
or what makes their heart fill with so much happiness that they can't breathe?

Where are you? Where is the real you?

What are you going to do with this tough exterior?

Why don't you let me in? Why are you afraid to play all your cards?

What makes you afraid of judgement? Why do you yourself judge? Why can't you say what's on your mind?

Why do you have to hide? Just let me in. Let me dance with your demons and make love to your scars.
Let me make your heart pound faster when I touch you and let me make your world go slow when I play with your hair.
Let the others worry about the days and let us elope into the night, never to be found out by them.

1 comment:

  1. "Let me dance with your demons and make love to your scars" - Amazing :)

    ReplyDelete